Blue Cross Blue Shield / Other Private Insurance / Medicare / Self-Pay
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: Dr. Welches is in-network with BCBS. At the time of a session, you will be required to pay the co-pay, as we'll as any unmet deductible. Co-pays typically range from $10 to $30. Some BCBS policies have deductibles, and many do not. For your convenience, coverage will be verified prior to your first session.
- Other Private Insurance: Other than BCBS, all private insurance is billed as out-of-network. Full payment is required at the time of service. Your insurance will be electronically billed (promptly), so that reimbursement can be sent directly to you based on your particular insurance policy.
- Medicare: Medicare is "in-network":
- If you have Medicare and supplemental private insurance, there will usually be no co-pay and no deductible due; and therefore, no payment from you will be required.
- If you have Medicare and do not have supplemental insurance, you will be required to make your co-pay, as well as any unmet deductible, at the time of service. Co-pays are usually $ 26.65 per session. For you convenience, coverage will be verified prior to your first session.
- Self-Pay: For persons electing not to use insurance, full payment is required at the time of service.
- Accepted payment methods are: Check, Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover, or Cash. (Pay Pal is not accepted.)
- Individual Psychotherapy
- The first two meetings are diagnostic assessment sessions. The fee for each diagnostic assessment session is $180.
- Subsequent individual therapy sessions are 55-60 minutes in length. The fee for each individual therapy session is $160.
- Psychological Testing
- The fee for psychological testing is $160 an hour for all time spent in the testing process. This includes in-person testing sessions, test scoring and interpretation, and report writing.