Blue Cross Blue Shield / Other Private Insurance / Medicare / Self-Pay
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) PPO and Blue Choice: Dr. Welches is in-network with BCBS PPO and Blue Choice. At the time of a session, you will be required to pay the co-pay, as we'll as any unmet deductible. Co-pays typically range from $10 to $35. Some BCBS policies have deductibles, and many do not. For your convenience, coverage will be verified prior to your first session.
- Other Private Insurance: Other than BCBS, all private insurance is billed as out-of-network. Full payment is required at the time of service. Most insurances can be electronically billed so that reimbursement can be sent directly to you based on your particular insurance policy.
- Medicare: Medicare is "in-network":
- If you have Medicare and supplemental private insurance, there may (or may, not depending on the supplemental) be a deductible that needs to be met. With many supplementals there will be no co-pay required of you.
- If you have Medicare and do not have supplemental insurance, you will be required to pay the co-pay, as well as any unmet deductible, at the time of service. For you convenience, coverage will be verified prior to your first session.
- Self-Pay: For persons electing not to use insurance, full payment is required at the time of service.
- Accepted payment methods are: Check, Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover, QuickPay, or Cash. (Pay Pal is not accepted.)
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Initial meetings are diagnostic assessment sessions. The number of diagnostic assessment meetings vary, but is usually two to four. The fee for each diagnostic assessment session is $180.
- Subsequent individual therapy sessions are 55-60 minutes in length. The fee for each individual therapy session is $160.
- Psychological Testing
- The fee for psychological testing is $160 an hour for all time spent in the testing process. This includes in-person testing sessions, test scoring and interpretation, and report writing.